Wednesday, March 11, 2009

silhouettes, from classy to trashy


I love silhouettes, something about their simplicity is always striking to me. I love that all you see is an outline and your mind fills in the rest. But, the best part about silhouette drawings: they are pretty easy to recreate  and turn into your very own wall art.  The I love New York silhouette below is one of my faves. I actually did my own version of it, it hangs right near our kitchen. My roommates and I, think of her as our " patron saint", which is very much indicative of the classy abode we reside in. She hangs right across from caricature I did of Bette Davis(I've always been a fan of feisty yet tipsy ladies, for I often am one.) 

I've seen some great silhouettes on design sites. Here's some of my favorites...

The famous ones...

and the classic ones....



                    ...As for me, I've always had a soft spot for the classless ones.
  

Oh britney. You did it again.

1 comment:

  1. that's awesome!

    i too am a fan of silhouettes....i really need to make some for my house....

    ReplyDelete