Thursday, March 26, 2009

talking objects speak New Yorker


I lied. I lied. One more video. There's too many great videos on the internet today and I'm an oversharer. So a little bit ago I did a blog post about the New York Time Limit, or the New York of possibilities v. the New York of Realities, and my slow progression toward coming to terms with what New York has meant to me and what New York currently means to me.

So when I came upon this video I just had to post it. In it, Andy and Carolyn London interview people about their experience of living in New York City and then put their voices onto inanimate objects. Strangely enough, watching it you feel as if you can see the people. 

I love how gritty it looks. Apparently, to record two drunks used in the segment the cameraman got down on the ground with them in Penn Station. Now, that's New York.



The Lost Tribes of New York City from Carolyn London on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome. I sooo enjoyed this. Being a New Yorker...I totally get it.

    ReplyDelete