Monday, March 23, 2009

I don't mind love if it's animated

For some reason, cartoon love is far more appealing to me then people love (not in a creepy way, in a cartoons in love are sweet kind of way). When I see people in love in a movie often it makes me want to gag, but when that same lovey-dovey stuff is animated, it chips away at my ice-cold heart. When I saw this "short love story" by Carlo Lascano, there was a little melting action going on.

A SHORT LOVE STORY IN STOP MOTION from Carlos Lascano on Vimeo.
The kicker is the animation reminds me of one of my childhood faves. Growing up we didn't have many videos, but the few one that we had were quite random. And we watched them often, sometimes days in a row. One my favorites was the claymation version of The Adventures of Mark Twain, particularly the part where Adam and Eve grow old together. Old people in love is so much more charming then young people, and animated old people, well that's just makes me all warm inside.

1 comment: