Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I don't need it but I really really want it

Happened upon this interesting design experiment on PSFK. WANT is an interactive (anti) retail experience created by the the University of Washington’s Environmental Design class. WANT was developed through "Make Change", the featured project in UW's annual Environmental Design class. The exhibit is designed to make learning about saving money a pleasurable experience. Actual goods are replaced with lookalike objects that preach the benefits of thrift. It’s an interesting subversion, encoding a message at-odds with the inherent nature of the retail environment.

I get the point. It's all very true especially now a days. But boy do I like my anthropologie dressses. I can't afford them. I don't need them. But they make my heart flutter when I see them in all their girly rufflery.

No comments:

Post a Comment