Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Switching it up

Hey all,
20something bloggers asked us all to play around a little and have a guest blogger in our space. So here's a post from the lovely Teresa. Check out her blog after, it's quite nice, far more pensive then my usual fare. I'm guesting at her place so click on the link for my post as well. Enjoy.

Bonjour you fine Daily Obsessional readers,

I'm Teresa, also known as professional blogger who does not get paid for blogging from A Chronicle of Things. I take my shit a bit seriously over on my blog a lot of the time, so when your lovely author, Mila came to me to do this blog switcheroo guest post, I jumped at the chance. Truthfully, we both belong to a social networking site aimed at bringing together 20-something bloggers. And this was their idea, but whatever. It makes Mila sound awesomely generous and me sound awesomely cool, so...there you go. There. You. Go.

I'd been a follower of Daily Obsessional for a while now, and have loved what I've read/watched thus far. The title of this blog got me thinking about what were my own favorite obsessional things. What can I not live without on a daily basis? Here's what I came up with...

Daily, I'm obsessed with these things:

1. Music Everyone loves it. I love it especially. Truthfully I live and breathe it. The funny thing is when I'm writing (which is another daily love), I cannot listen to music. It's a distraction for me. I so wish I could be one of those writer's whose favorite songs are as much a part of the development of their stories as the characters, but I'm not. It's silent around here when I'm tapping away on the keyboard. Daily, music pulses through my iPod earbuds and throughout the texture of my days. It's great. Anyway, right now, this is my favorite band - The Veils. Check 'em out here.



2. Books Oh yeah, books and I go waaay back. The first book I remember being obsessed with was Courtney Love's autobiography, properly titled "Courtney Love: The Real Story by" by, Poppy Z. Brite. Now, I'm not real sure what this says about me, but I truthfully remember devouring this book. It was like, '98. Grunge was deader than The Dead, but I was so immersed in the tragic and ridiculous story and I was so convinced that I wanted to make someone else feel the way Poppy Z. Brite had made me feel when reading the story. Hooked. I wanted to be someone's drug. Today the drug comes in a form you've heard about without a doubt. I'm on the last book of the Twilight saga, "Breaking Dawn". My days have been filled with romantic dialogue, impossibly good-looking vampires who just happen to live only on animal's blood and a clumsy,
damsel-in-distress who gets blissfully caught in the middle of it all. If you must, you can buy the entire saga here.



3. Writing Touched on this a bit earlier, but I've been writing since before I knew what it all meant. I called it journaling back then. I still do, but I do less of it in an actual journal and more of it on my laptop. I write something daily and I get frustrated and irritated and annoyed with it daily. And that's precisely why I will never give it up. I still buy journals though and I love these.



4. FOOD It's true, I'm a food snob. I can't even get into too much detail about why I love the art of cooking and the even finer art of sitting down to enjoy a meal. That story is too long and we just don't have the time, folks! I will just say this: my favorite memories ever all involve a kitchen, loved ones, aromas that stop you in your tracks, laughter and mass consumption. That last part sounds disturbing but, I make no apologies for my obsessions. Recently I discovered the beauty that is goat cheese and this is my favorite way to eat it.



5. Technology I can't live without, sadly. If given the choice between eliminating TVG or the my cell and the Internet from my life, I'd gladly go small-screen-less. Everything from Blackberry's to my Apple Macbook (drool), to my iPod, to my portable DVD player...I need it all. I wish this weren't the case, but who am I to fight against what my heart desires?? Okay, I'm pretty sure its' not my heart demanding these things and actually, last year there was a time when I went completely technology-less BY CHOICE, (I went nuts for a while last year) so I know that I CAN do it. I just don't want to. So, I don't. This is, by far, my favorite toy. You can purchase them refurbished (I know we're in a recession) here. If this thing were a dude, I'd be all over it.




6. Nature Good ol' Nature. The sun, the stars, the clouds, the trees, the oceans (not so much the lakes or the rivers, though I'm learning to be less prejudice) etc. I love it all & I need it all. There was a time that I lived in the desert and the veil between the living humans and all that encompasses Nature was so thin, I could see through it. I became dependent upon it. Not a day goes by that I don't take a walk in it, breathe it, smell it, love it, live it. Et cetera. It is my God and I truly have no problem with bowing down and absolutely worshipping it. Especially sunsets. Here's my own picture that I took last year.





Well folks, that's all for now. Thanks again to 20-Something Bloggers and the Daily Obsessional for making some e-space for me to share my thoughts and daily loves. Come and follow me! Unlike those sexy vampires, I can promise that I don't bite :)


Love,
Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment