Thursday, April 23, 2009

so darn awkwardly adorable

Paper Heart is a documentary that starts with a simple premise. Youtube wondergirl, Charlyne Yi doesn't believe in love. So she attempts to to get to the bottom of this love thing interviewing people from Vegas wedders to romantic comedy actors. Then something strange happens she meets actor Michael Cera of Arrested Development and sparks begin to fly. Michael Cera has to stop being so seductive, first he impregnated little Juno, and now Charlyne is all gooogoogaga over him.

So the movie becomes part her questioning love, part her falling in love. I'm not sure if this is a marketing ploy. But if not, it's kind of sweet. And lets us see how the making of, can turn on its head. Plus, I love that part where the kid says love is when someone takes you to Applebees and gets you hot wings.  It works for me.




2 comments:

  1. This reminds me of that documentary where the guy was in love with Drew Barrymore and finally gets to have dinner with her. It was so cute.

    lindsay || newyorkwords.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who isn't in this movie? This looks awesome, thanks for posting! Was the main girl in Knocked Up? She looks familiar. I can't wait to see this now! And I am totally taking my next date to Applebees for hot wings per that young girl's suggestion.

    ReplyDelete