Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I hate CAPTCHAS

I like to think I have good vision. In fact, I've been tested. I do have good vision. But for some reason, CAPTCHA features on websites make me dizzy. I almost always fill in the wrong letters and then have to redo the process, so often does that I give up. The blog I was going to leave a pithy comment on goes without a lol for days.

Chris Wilson over at slate has a similar qualms with this menace to society. I know that these filters are supposed to weed out SPAM. But I'm not SPAM. And I'm sure I'm not the only one that can't make out the c's from the t's. I know this system is supposed to screw with the robots but as Chris Wilson says "Now, it's not at all uncommon for flesh-and-blood people to botch the tests, failing to convince the computer of their Homo sapiens credentials."

I'm human, I tell you CAPTCHA. I'm a real live being. Let me make a comment already.

No comments:

Post a Comment