Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentines for the rest of us

I like my chocolate dark and romantic comedies black. I've always been fascinated by the idea of manic love, the kind that drives the normal person off the edge. So this Valentines day, I've compiled a list of my favorite Valentine Romances with a dark side.

1. Love me if you Dare (or Jeux d'enfants)
Love me if you Dare begins with two childhood misfits and an innocent game of truth or dare. It ends with two willing adults buried in cement.

2. Crazy Love
In this strange documentary, boy meets girl, falls in love with girl, obsessively stalks, intimidates, and even disfigures girl, and they live happily every after. Truth is stranger than fiction.

3. Wristcutters a Love Story
A sweet romantic comedy, except for the already dead part.

4. Natural Born Killers
Does a couple that kills together stay together?
5. Heathers
A young Christian Slater, a croquet court, teenage hormones and angst at their most destructive. What else could a girl want.

No comments:

Post a Comment