Sunday, February 15, 2009

True Romance Novels



I was looking for personalized gifts for V-day and I came upon this . Yes. Now for a small fee, you can turn your boyfriend into a swashbuckling pirate and yourself into a wayward princess with a heaving bosom. I guess it works for some people. For me, the concept leaves something to be desired. I feel like the point of fantasy is to forget about reality. When you throw real life into it, it just gets ugly.
Take my unwritten novel for example:
" His bald head glistens in the wind. He grabs me by my love handles. My heart races and my stomach grumbles. Last night was so savage. I still smell of it. Taste it in the morning dew.The thought makes me tingle. Chinese food, Rock of Love of Bus, $3 wine. He asks me to run away with to him to a foreign land. Today, not today. Alas. I must do laundry."

3 comments:

  1. OMG - it's the dream! I don't care what you say, I love it! Now, I'm off to imagine my fiance as a rich, British duke seeking a maidenly heiress to share his vast fortune and lands with...once he ravishes her in the stables of course...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should publish that one. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete