Tuesday, October 13, 2009
How to Pacify the Creative Ego
1. Tell the downtrodden creative that you see their vision. Alas, the client is far too small-minded to ever get it.
2. Pretend as if you do indeed get it for at least three days.
3. Feed all creatives candy, soda, and other highly caffeinated placebos.
4. Insist that you "know" that said creative is a real writer, artist, filmmaker, director, unfortunately the advertising world has no place for their utter brilliance.
5. Promise them meetings with actual writers, artists, and filmmakers, who are actually utterly brilliant.
6. Let them skateboard, jet-ski, or scooter around the office creating a false sense of upward mobility.
7. Give them small, hip toys to play with into the wee hours of the night.
8. Gently stroke their unkempt hair into the wee hours of the night.
9. Provide them with impressionable interns who will fetch them caffeinated and intoxicating placebos, and possibly stroke their unkempt hair into the wee hours of night.